Contact Us 1.708.547.8500
In this particular article we’ll learn to install & configure Magento MySQL version 5.7 in Ubuntu 16 or later. To do so, please follow the below mentioned steps:
Magento MySQL version 5.7 on Ubuntu 16 – Install
- First enter the following command using command prompt.
sudo apt install -y mysql-server mysql-client
- Next we’ll make sure the installation by inputting the following commands.
- Thirdly we’ll check the installation status. To do so use the below command mentioned following:
mysql -u root -p
- Next we’ll see similar output for the test command inserted earlier.
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with; or \g. Your MySQL connection id is 45 Server version: 5.7.0-0ubuntu0.16.0.0 (Ubuntu) Copyright (c) 2000, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. MySQL>
As per our requirement we can also edit the limit
max_allowed_packet (default 16 MB) in any size. Basically the
max_allowed_packet is related to the number of Mage products inserted.
Magento MySQL version 5.7 on Ubuntu 16 – Configure
- Further to insert a greater value, go to >>
- Next download and open the file with a text editor.
- Now under the opened file look for the value is named as
- Then increase the number of MB as required (16, 32, 64 or greater MB) depending on number of products in Mage store.
- Further save the changes and close text editor.
- To complete the setup restart Magento MySQL version: service mysql restart.
- Finally we can also the check the value by entering the following by using the command prompt.
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_allowed_packet';
For more related articles read: