Magento is an eCommerce software that helps to set up an online store easily. All you have to do is install the out of the box store, configure the settings and you are good to go. You now have a basic store from which you can design your own unique store. Let’s look at how a Magento shop design takes shape.
Magento Shop Design Tricks:
- Does the theme transcend across borders? Remember because your store is online, you can get customers from all over the world, even Iceland.
- Choose neutral colors with splashes of vibrant colors. Like a little red here and there.
- Choose readable fonts. If the fonts aren’t readable, you might have to go into the CSS of the theme and change it.
- Go for themes that offer more than just a basic store. For example, choose themes that have zooming feature for images, or layer slider etc. This will minimize the need to add more extensions.
- There should be easily noticeable “Buy” buttons to promote sales
- And also navigation should be easy. Clearly marked breadcrumbs should be provided.
- The theme should be responsive. This means your store should look the same on all devices.
- Also check for cross browser compatibility.
- Also always use a full page cache like LiteMage or Varnish.
- In addition set up a content delivery network. This improves page load speed considerably. Look for one that offers more than 50 relay points.
- And finally use Page Speed Insight to time your website. According to Google, a higher score of 85 and above is perfect. That means your page loads faster than 2 seconds.
With Magento you can have create a great shop, but you still need a great host before anything else. Choose Aspiration Hosting, expert in all things Magento. We have cloud hosting plans, dedicated cloud servers and also the fully managed Magento MagePlus for people who aren’t technical. Talk to us and let’s start building your future.