Here in the 4th part of the article – how to upload magento site on server, we’ll describe the process to configure the Magento XML file. So, following are the steps to configure Magento XML correctly:
As we already uploaded the .zip folder earlier in the previous part and extracted the file inside our live server ROOT folder.
However choosing a good Mage hosting plan can give you an extra edge during the development period. Here we like to mention our hosting provides all featured tool plus a multi purpose cPanel with lot of different tools. For example: OneClickMageInstaller, PHPMyAdmin, MySQL DB tools,. etc. Being specific using our File Manager provides easy access to Mage root where you can easily upload, download or edit file online like Mage XML. Either leave it to us as we’re providing 100% tech support round the year with even our basic plan which is $9.99 per month !!!!
Tanzia Farin Chy for Aspiration Hosting
Magento XML – Configuration
1. First follow the following path to locate the Magento XML file:
2. As we already created a new DB inside our live domain. So now we need to configure the local.xml file according to the new DB. However, these are the informations (DB name, Username & Password) we have included during importing the DB in our new domain.
3. Here we’ll navigate through the XML file and replace these details according to our credentials and information we already stored. So, following is an example to do it:
<connection> <host><![CDATA[MyHost]]></host> //set your host name <username><![CDATA[MyROOT]]></username> //set your root name <password><![CDATA[MyPassword]]></password> //set your password <dbname><![CDATA[MyDB]]></dbname> //set your DB name <initStatements><![CDATA[SET NAMES utf8]]></initStatements> <model><![CDATA[mysql4]]></model> <type><![CDATA[pdo_mysql]]></type> <pdoType><![CDATA]></pdoType> <active>1</active> </connection>
4. Now remember if edited the above mentioned code using your cPanel editor all you need save the file to make changes. But in case if you have downloaded the entire file and edited through third party Softwares like Notepad++ etc. So, we need to re upload the file inside the right DIR of Mage ROOT.
Now you have to save the changes. If you are editing on the browser, then you have to click the save button in the top right corner of the browser. But if you choose to download and edit the file, it’s now time that you have to upload it again within the right directory above mentioned.
Clear Cahce & Changing the URL
5. Finally go to Mage DB and navigate through
Table_Core_Config_Data. Now replace the your Domain instead of localhost URL. For example: “
Now simply clear the cache to permanently make the changes and it’ll clear all unnecessary data of the localhost. All you have to do is to go the path: /var/cache and remove all files inside the folder. At last click the Red Cross icon to delete all files. Either we can delete it also by selecting one by one using our right click mouse button.
As long as we’ve followed all mentioned steps successfully it’s time to enter the domain name or public ip in to browser and press enter. TADA!! We can see the front end of Mage store.